Stefan Robert

Default Heading No context vs full context

Hi,

when I do cross reference, what is the difference between a Heading
Number, Heading Number (no context) and Heading Number (full context).

I tried them all and I do not see the difference...

Stéfan

Are you using legal numbering (1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.)? If so, you would
probably see a difference.

"Stefan Robert" wrote in message
news:2005031109463816807%srobertDELETEME@b2b2cca.. .
Hi,

when I do cross reference, what is the difference between a Heading
Number, Heading Number (no context) and Heading Number (full context).

I tried them all and I do not see the difference...

Stéfan

Stefan Blom

Actually, it's the other way around: the "full context" option has a
meaning only for cross-references to numbering schemes where lower
levels do *not* include the numbering of higher levels.

For example, if your numbering scheme is "I, A, 1, ...", "full
context" means to include higher levels in a reference. Without the
"full context" option, a reference to simply "B" would be ambiguous,
since there could be several items numbered "B" (subordinate to
different top-level Roman numerals).

In contrast, for numbering schemes such as "1, 1.1, 1.1.1, ..." it is
immediately clear to which item a cross-reference refers.

Another aspect is that references to paragraph numbers is usually not
so practical for readers of the document; it's a lot easier to find a
page number than a numbered paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you using legal numbering (1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.)? If so, you

would
probably see a difference.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Robert" wrote in message
news:2005031109463816807%srobertDELETEME@b2b2cca.. .
Hi,

when I do cross reference, what is the difference between a

Heading
Number, Heading Number (no context) and Heading Number (full

context).

I tried them all and I do not see the difference...

Stéfan

prasedenica89 prasedenica89 is offline
Junior Member

Make an effort to win so you can be crowned with eternal glory. Duck Life is a humorous online game with a duck theme. You'll have the option of playing in one of five different duck worlds, each with its own set of challenges. Coins can be earned and used to purchase products in the shop.
chunmin89 chunmin89 is offline
Banned

Thank you for your post. I have read through several similar topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone! poppy playtime
stevenmbrun stevenmbrun is offline
Banned

Thank you for post
bevis0405 bevis0405 is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for sharing it. I think it will be very helpful to everyone vampire survivors. It's great if you share many post