Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

Default DollarText Result

Is there any way that I can have DollarText display as follows:

For, say, $895.75, instead of displaying as "eight hundred ninety-five and
75/100" have it display as "eight hundred ninety-five dollars and seventy
five cents".

I would need to be able to do this without using any macro or VBA
programming as the documents it is to appear in are from a custom program we
have purchased and I am unable to add any macros etc. to the documents
created in this program. I have been able to use CardText in other documents
where I can set it up in VBA to get the desired result but wanted to know if
there was any way to manipulate the filed/switches directly in a Word
document. In case it makes a difference, we are using Word 2000 at the
moment.

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, the answer is no. What you see now is all that's available from
the field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Let's not be hasty
It is possible to do this with a combination of fields - see
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm 'Formatting cash amounts in
words'

wrote:

Is there any way that I can have DollarText display as follows:

For, say, $895.75, instead of displaying as "eight hundred
ninety-five and 75/100" have it display as "eight hundred
ninety-five dollars and seventy five cents".

I would need to be able to do this without using any macro or VBA
programming as the documents it is to appear in are from a custom
program we have purchased and I am unable to add any macros etc. to
the documents created in this program. I have been able to use
CardText in other documents where I can set it up in VBA to get the
desired result but wanted to know if there was any way to manipulate
the filed/switches directly in a Word document. In case it makes a
difference, we are using Word 2000 at the moment.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

thanks everyone. Actually Graham, we did do a search on the web after I had
posted my question and found your site so have the instructions now. Thanks.

wrote:

Is there any way that I can have DollarText display as follows:

For, say, $895.75, instead of displaying as "eight hundred
ninety-five and 75/100" have it display as "eight hundred
ninety-five dollars and seventy five cents".

I would need to be able to do this without using any macro or VBA
programming as the documents it is to appear in are from a custom
program we have purchased and I am unable to add any macros etc. to
the documents created in this program. I have been able to use
CardText in other documents where I can set it up in VBA to get the
desired result but wanted to know if there was any way to manipulate
the filed/switches directly in a Word document. In case it makes a
difference, we are using Word 2000 at the moment.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're right, I was too hasty. Saved for next time...

wrote:

[...]

do you have something that resembles a lab result sheet lab result Microsoft Word Help 0 October 13th 07 08:58 PM
\*DollarText mhmaid New Users 2 October 11th 07 06:05 PM
Name scanned file from OCR result. [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 July 27th 06 08:08 PM
Result based on drop down SueQueen Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 06 07:43 PM
Incorrect result from =count(above) billfalls Tables 1 March 5th 06 11:32 AM