Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ghitorni Ghitorni is offline

Default To Suzanne Barnhill

Mirror Indents
In the paragraph formatting dialog box, there exists an option box for
Mirror indents. You tick in and new items appear.
BTW in OE should I use Reply Group? Because if I choose Reply, it asks for
POP/SMTP servers. Hence this new post with your name for subject

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ghitorni" wrote in message
Mirror Indents
In the paragraph formatting dialog box, there exists an option box for
Mirror indents. You tick in and new items appear.
BTW in OE should I use Reply Group? Because if I choose Reply, it asks for
POP/SMTP servers. Hence this new post with your name for subject

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, this is new in Word 2007; as grammatim explains, it is used to indent
a paragraph on the inside or outside of facing pages. This was a fairly
common request in the past; it's similar to mirror margins for duplex
documents. It does *not* refer to indenting from both sides (like a block
quote).

http://word.mvps.org

"Ghitorni" wrote in message
Mirror Indents
In the paragraph formatting dialog box, there exists an option box for
Mirror indents. You tick in and new items appear.
BTW in OE should I use Reply Group? Because if I choose Reply, it asks for
POP/SMTP servers. Hence this new post with your name for subject

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default mirror margins [was: To Suzanne Barnhill]

How do you mean? It provides a place to set the inner and outer
margins of a paragraph separately from the page (for pull quotes and
such, I suppose).

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Ghitorni" wrote in message

Mirror Indents
In the paragraph formatting dialog box, there exists an option box for
Mirror indents. You tick in and new items appear.
BTW in OE should I use Reply Group? Because if I choose Reply, it asks for
POP/SMTP servers. Hence this new post with your name for subject-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I mean that users are often looking for a single command (similar to the one
in WordPerfect) that will indent a paragraph equally from both sides
(comparable to Ctrl+M to indent from the left or Ctrl+T to apply a hanging
indent. There is no such command; instead you can apply the Block Text style
(presumably as modified, since a 1" indent is insane in most cases).

But the "mirror indent" doesn't even imply that there *is* an indent from
both sides of the paragraph, just that whatever indent is set for Inside or
Outside will swap sides on alternate (facing) pages, so that you could have
a left indent on the verso pages and a right indent on the recto pages
(Outside), while maintaining the same margin on the Inside.

http://word.mvps.org