Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammy1748 Sammy1748 is offline

Default Word 2007 Upgrade requirements

I just bought Word 2007 Upgrade and was wondering what the requirements were.
I have Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on my computer. Is that good
enough for the upgrade to work or does it only work from a previous Word only
product?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

According to Microsoft a valid installation of any of the following is
required:
Microsoft Word 2000€“2002; Microsoft Office Word 2003; Microsoft Works
6.0€“10; Microsoft Works Suite 2000€“2006 or later; any 2000-2007 Microsoft
Office suite; any Microsoft Office XP suite.

You may want to read the following re hardware adequacy and the desirability
of evaluating your hardware before you install:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

"Sammy1748" wrote:

I just bought Word 2007 Upgrade and was wondering what the requirements were.
I have Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on my computer. Is that good
enough for the upgrade to work or does it only work from a previous Word only
product?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Please also pay attention to the operating system requirements noted in the
link I provide (XP SP2, etc.)

"Sammy1748" wrote:

I just bought Word 2007 Upgrade and was wondering what the requirements were.
I have Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on my computer. Is that good
enough for the upgrade to work or does it only work from a previous Word only
product?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You might also want to leave Word 2000 on the computer to help you over the
steep learning curve period - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm