Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jon

Default mail merge and thunderbird

I am trying to figure out how to set up mail merge because I alwayse get an
error message that it cant be completed. I would use outlook if I could get
it to work with my email or if i wanted to part with thunderbird.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I don't think you will be able to use Thunderbird because Word uses MAPI to
send its e-mails when merging and Thurderbird does not implement it (at
least, not when I last looked).

Personally, I would probably try to set things up so I used Outlook Express
for merges and switched back to Thunderbird for everything else, but if you
prefer not to have IE/OE on your system, that's a non-starter.

Sorry.

Peter Jamieson
"jon" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to set up mail merge because I alwayse get an
error message that it cant be completed. I would use outlook if I could
get
it to work with my email or if i wanted to part with thunderbird.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jon

I for some reason cant even get outlook to work with gmail or hotmail. I dont
know if this realy has anything to do with this problem but im using 2007

"jon" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to set up mail merge because I alwayse get an
error message that it cant be completed. I would use outlook if I could
get
it to work with my email or if i wanted to part with thunderbird.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I for some reason cant even get outlook to work with gmail or hotmail. I
dont
know if this realy has anything to do with this problem but im using 2007

Can't help on that one I'm afraid as I only ever use the POP3/SMTP (and
Exchange) connectivity in Outlook/OE. For the basic Outlook connectivity
issues I feel sure you will get a better response in an Outlook group, but
that won't necessarily help as far as Merge to e-mail is concerned.

Peter Jamieson