Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donna

Default How can Iget a mailmerge document to hold merge file every time op

I have created a label mail merge document, and attached it to a merge file
and can then perform the merge, but when I go back into this same saved label
document, word 2003 no longer views the document as a merge document and the
mail merge toolbar is greyed out and I have to start over. I am trying to
set up this document for other users and want them to just open it, and have
the document point to the same merge file every time - so all they have to do
is merge the document!

Can anyone shed some light on this, I am stumped. thank you!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you saving the document created by executing the merge, or the mail
merge main document? It is the latter that you should be saving.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Donna" wrote in message
I have created a label mail merge document, and attached it to a merge file
and can then perform the merge, but when I go back into this same saved
label
document, word 2003 no longer views the document as a merge document and
the
mail merge toolbar is greyed out and I have to start over. I am trying to
set up this document for other users and want them to just open it, and
have
the document point to the same merge file every time - so all they have to
do
is merge the document!

Can anyone shed some light on this, I am stumped. thank you!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donna

Default How can Iget a mailmerge document to hold merge file every tim

I am saving the mail merge main document. Thanks