Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles G Charles G is offline

Default Works Suite 2003 Product Ket

Hi. I am trying to install the software on a replacement computer and when I
enter the ket it tells me the key is not correct. It looks ok to me. What
can I do please? I am disabled and can't affiord the upgrade to anything
2007....
--

=================
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles G Charles G is offline

Yes I am sure....
--

=================
Charles

"Charles G" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to install the software on a replacement computer and
when I
enter the ket it tells me the key is not correct. It looks ok to me.
What
can I do please? I am disabled and can't affiord the upgrade to anything
2007....
--

=================
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is an OEM version of the Works Suite, it *may* not install on a PC
other than that it was supplied with. If it is a retail version of Works
Suite then
How to obtain a new product key - see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570
I seem to recall that it is only the Word part of the Works suite that
requires a product key, so you may be able to install the Works pack without
Word in the interim.

Yes I am sure....

"Charles G" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to install the software on a replacement computer
and when I
enter the ket it tells me the key is not correct. It looks ok to
me. What
can I do please? I am disabled and can't affiord the upgrade to
anything 2007....
--

=================
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles G Charles G is offline

It's in a MS suite box but with a Dell label. so I guess that means it can
ONLY be installed on a Dell machine? Not even another product ID will help?
--

=================
Charles

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If it is an OEM version of the Works Suite, it *may* not install on a PC
other than that it was supplied with. If it is a retail version of Works
Suite then
How to obtain a new product key - see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570
I seem to recall that it is only the Word part of the Works suite that
requires a product key, so you may be able to install the Works pack without
Word in the interim.

Yes I am sure....

"Charles G" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to install the software on a replacement computer
and when I
enter the ket it tells me the key is not correct. It looks ok to
me. What
can I do please? I am disabled and can't affiord the upgrade to
anything 2007....
--

=================
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Charles,

Generally, there isn't a check of 'ownership' (i.e. machine brand, or other) during installation, only when you activate a product,
and even then the OEM products (intended for sale only with a new PC) should be able to be activated on whatever machine you're
using *if* it hasn't already been activated on a different machine.

The last available version of MS Works Suite included MS Word 2002, rather than Word 2003 (there isn't a Works suite product
currently available from Microsoft - http://microsoft.com/works) . The Word portion of the suite, if an OEM edition (which would be
a Dell branded one), once activated is likely locked to that particular machine.

For the 'Works' apps in the suite you may want to use the link below to also followup in the Works discussion group.

==============
"Charles G" wrote in message ...
It's in a MS suite box but with a Dell label. so I guess that means it can
ONLY be installed on a Dell machine? Not even another product ID will help?

=================
Charles
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...blic.works.win

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader