Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takakaw takakaw is offline

Default macro to find, select and format

I'm having trouble with creating a macro that will do the following:

1. find "specific text"
2. select "specific text" and entire susequent paragraph
3. format that selected paragraph
4. indent 1"
5. find & format all in a document

I thought working through a find/replace under edit would do it, but I can't
get it to work.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You don't need a macro for this, unless you expect to repeat it in many
different documents.

Create a new paragraph style and assign to it whatever formatting (including
the indent) you want to apply. Then you can use the Replace dialog to find
the specific text, replace it with the same text (place just the code ^&
in the Replace With box, or click More Special Find What Text) and apply
the style (with the cursor still in the Find What box, click More Format
Style and choose the new style). Then click the Replace All button, and
you're done.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Select text in macro Bubbles New Users 1 August 18th 06 12:44 PM
Macros:How to select a specific column of a table and format it using macro? evg999 Tables 3 January 31st 06 11:20 AM
How do I write a macro to find, select, and then delete a Section. nw_nick Microsoft Word Help 2 August 8th 05 08:41 PM
Select Tool in Macro ?? InOverMyHead New Users 6 May 11th 05 04:37 PM
How do I turn select text on and use Find to select a block of te. hpmted Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 12:32 AM