Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Default Inserting Cross-References in Word 2007

I have been using Word for years but I am new to Word 2007. I have styled my
document using Heading Styles and Style Separators. I am now trying to
insert cross references for my auto-numbered paragraphs (Article I, Section
2.02, (a), (i)etc. etc). When I make an attempt to insert a cross-reference
for Heading 2 (Section 2.02 etc. etc.), none of the Heading 2 numbered
paragraphs are showing for me to select in the "Numbered Items" selection of
the Cross Reference Menu box. However, if I remove the Style Separator, the
Heading 2 numbered paragraphs will appear. Does anyone have a solution or
can anyone explain to me what is happening? This is the only heading that
I'm using style separators on - all other headings/numbered paragraphs are
appearing. I truly believe this is a Style Separator issue but I'm not sure
how to correct it. I hope this makes sense as right now I am truly
frustrated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Headings 1, 3, 4, and 5 show up as "Numbered Items". Heading 2 does not show
up as a "Numbered Item". Heading 2 is the only Heading that is formatted
with the style separator.

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

No. It does not show up at all, not as anything. All the text that is
styled as "Heading 2" is just not there. Its as if Word does not recognize
that it even exist in this 46 page document. The text is not anywhere in the
cross-reference dialog box at all.

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

I can send you a portion/sample of the document but it will have to be via
email. Please advise where to send.

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Suzanne,

I emailed you twice regarding this issue on August 20 and August 21 but I
have not received any type of feedback or reply from you. Can you please let
me know whether or not you were able to figure out a resolution or what. I
still need help with this issue and I need it to work or a "workaround".
Thanks

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Suzanne,

I have emailed you twice on this issue. August 20 and on August 21, but I
have yet to received any type of feedback and/or reply from you. Can you
please inform whether or not you were able to figure anything out on this
issue as I am still in need of a fix.

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I replied to you on twice August 20 as follows:

8:56 AM CDT:
Thanks, Angie. This is my Rotary day, so I probably won't get to this till
late afternoon, but I promise I'll look at it then.

10:13 PM CDT:
Those headings are not listed under "Numbered Items," but I do see them
listed under "Headings." In order to insert "Section 1 .01," you have to
select "Paragraph number" rather than the default "Heading text."

I'm curious, though, as to why the Heading 2 numbering has a nonbreaking
space between 1, 2, 3, etc., and .01.

On April 21, in reply to your follow-up email, I replied:

I sent you a reply last night.

All three replies were sent to the Reply To address on your emails.

"Angie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Suzanne,

I didn't receive your responses but I have now and thank you.

Also, the nonbreaking space is there because that's the preference of this
"specific" attorney and how he likes for his documents to be formatted. He
creates his own templates and whether he follows traditional Word rules or
not, that's how I must format his documents.

Thanks,