Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.access
Marian M. Marian M. is offline

Default Change default document path for all programs in Office Suite?

How can I change the default document path for Office programs to a specific
path that I want to use, rather than being stuck with
\users\myname\documents\etc? I have been able to set the 'save path' in Excel
to where I want, but not the 'open path', and I can't even see how to set the
save path in Word, Access & the other Office programs.

Marian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marian M. Marian M. is offline

"Marian M." wrote:

How can I change the default document path for Office programs to a specific
path that I want to use, rather than being stuck with
\users\myname\documents\etc? I have been able to set the 'save path' in Excel
to where I want, but not the 'open path', and I can't even see how to set the
save path in Word, Access & the other Office programs.

Marian

I should have said that this is Office 2007 I'm talking about. I know how to
change the default document paths in earlier versions of Office.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.access
Chirag Chirag is offline

I think Office applications are somewhat consistent for the save path.

For Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Click on the "Office" button (or press Alt+F)
and click "app Options" (or press I), click the "Save" category on the
left. Check the "Default file location" box.

For Access: Click on the "Office" button (or press Alt+F) and click "app
Options" (or press I), click the "Popular" category. Check the "Default
database folder" box.

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Marian M." wrote in message
How can I change the default document path for Office programs to a
specific
path that I want to use, rather than being stuck with
\users\myname\documents\etc? I have been able to set the 'save path' in
Excel
to where I want, but not the 'open path', and I can't even see how to set
the
save path in Word, Access & the other Office programs.

Marian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is much the same in 2007 - Word Options Save default File Location
for the templates etc Word Options Advanved File Locations (you can set
the document location there too)

Marian M. wrote:
"Marian M." wrote:

How can I change the default document path for Office programs to a
specific path that I want to use, rather than being stuck with
\users\myname\documents\etc? I have been able to set the 'save path'
in Excel to where I want, but not the 'open path', and I can't even
see how to set the save path in Word, Access & the other Office
programs.

Marian

I should have said that this is Office 2007 I'm talking about. I know
how to change the default document paths in earlier versions of
Office.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marian M. Marian M. is offline

Thank you. Your instructions qre clear. I also figured out that I was leaving
out the backslash/stroke at the end of the path.

Marian