Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ArtistMomSara ArtistMomSara is offline

Default Degree symbol

What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Alt+0176 (with NUMLOCK activated) to insert the degree sign.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ArtistMomSara" wrote in message
What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in
temperature? I normally use a bullet and change the font to
superscript, but it seems like there should be a symbol available
that maybe I just don't see.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

"ArtistMomSara" wrote:

What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems
like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.

Lower-case "o" (letter, not numeral), then superscript

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Ew! Not the correct way at all.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Paddy" wrote in message

"ArtistMomSara" wrote:

What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems
like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.

Lower-case "o" (letter, not numeral), then superscript

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rwr rwr is offline

ArtistMomSara wrote:
What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.

You can Insert/Symbol, Select Latin-1 or Number Forms in the subset
area, select the desired symbol, click Insert.

Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Basil Brush Basil Brush is offline

"rwr" wrote:

ArtistMomSara wrote:
What symbol do I use in Word to represent degrees, as in temperature? I
normally use a bullet and change the font to superscript, but it seems like
there should be a symbol available that maybe I just don't see.

You can Insert/Symbol, Select Latin-1 or Number Forms in the subset
area, select the desired symbol, click Insert.

Here is another simple way which once set up is just a keyboard shortcut
away.
Click on Insert; Symbols; select the "Degree" symbol on the fifth line and
assign a keyboard shortcut of your choice. Be aware though that the choice of
shortcut key/s is/are, not already assigned for some other function,
that's all there is to it. B Brush UK GMT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As others have pointed out, this can be inserted using the Insert | Symbol
dialog or using an Alt+0xxx keyboard shortcut, but there is also a built-in
keyboard shortcut in Word: Ctrl+@, Spacebar. That is (on a US keyboard),
press Ctrl+Shift+2, release, then press the spacebar. I find that pressing
those three keys at once requires considerable dexterity (or sinisterity,
given that you use the left hand), so if you use the symbol frequently, you
might want to assign a different shortcut (which you can easily do through
the Insert | Symbol dialog).