Bad Bart

Default Accessing Clip Art from MS Online

Hello,

I've run into a problem accessing the clip art available for downloading at MS Online. The computer in question had been working normally for this function, but it seems to have spontaneously lost the ability to access and download the graphics. Here's what's happening:
a.. No results at all are returned when searching for any type of art by name
b.. If I click on one of Microsoft's categories that appear further down on the MS Online page, it tries to search but a message appears saying that there are over 1200 searches and that I should narrow the search. Even when I narrow the search, I get the result mentioned in the first bullet point above.
c.. In both of the cases mentioned above, the Download Basket will sometimes show that it has items in it. When I click to download the items in the basket--I figured it was worth a try--the message appears that the basket is empty.
This is happening at my workplace. On all other computers there, the clipart downloads at MS Online work fine. FWIW, I tried repairing the Office XP installation and restoring it to its original state on this problem computer, but it was to no avail.

If anyone has any advice or solutions as to how I can solve this, they will be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Bart
Paul Ballou

This is an on going issue for some people, not everyone is having this problem
Here are some things to try:

Empty your Temporary Internet Files cache
In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Delete Files.

Go to Start/Run and type

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Then go to Start/Run again and type

Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Might update your Java console
http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
Can you load the ActiveX control?
http://office.microsoft.com/template...omArea=Clipart
Be certain the ActiveX control is enabled, in Internet Explorer, tools, manage
add-ins.

In Internet Explorer, tools, click "Advanced" tab
1. Scroll down till you find the "HTTP 1.1 settings" entry
2. Uncheck "Use HTTP 1.1" and "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections"
3. Click the Ok button at the bottom of the page.
4. Now go to the clipart site http://office.microsoft.com/clipart and do a
search or click on a category.
5. Because some users have had a problem where the first search works but
the second one doesn't, try running a second search to make sure that it's
working.

If you look at the security setting for Active Scripting, is it set to
enabled, disabled, or prompt? To find this:
1. Click the Tools menu
2. Click "Internet Options"
3. Click the "Security" tab
4. Click the "Internet" icon, then click the "Custom Level" button
5. Scroll way down, almost to the end of the list, and look for the entry
called "Active Scripting" right under an empty entry called "Scripting".
6. Let us know whether "Active Scripting" is set to enable, disable, or
prompt.

The Internet zone security levels on your computer must be set to Medium, or if your Internet zone security levels are set to High, the Microsoft Office Online Web site must be listed on your computer as a trusted site.

To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:
On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
Security tab.
Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
Clear the Require server verification (https for all sites in this zone check box.
In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and then
click Add.
Click OK twice.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Life would be easier if we could view the source code

"Bad Bart" wrote in message . ..
[...]

jkpchewy jkpchewy is offline
Junior Member

I am having a similar situation. We are using Windows Server 2008 Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Server). Non administrative users show no results found when they search for clip art in office 2010 applications even though the search office online is checked.

It took me some time to find this but we changed GPO settings to allow users to click tools / internet options / and they only have view ability of the connections tab. If the user opens the internet options and clicks OK they can search for clip art via office applications.

I tried to determine what registry settings change by clicking OK to the internet options but have not had any luck. I could login as each user and follow the steps above but would rather just run a script that fixes the needed settings.

Any ideas what this setting would be. It has nothing to do with deleting temp files because these are deleted automatically when the user logs off.