Jessica Ford Jessica Ford is offline
Junior Member

Red face Headers and Footers

Hi everyone,

i'm having a bit of trouble with a template in that when i delete a line of text in the body of the document, the header disappears as well?!

Does anyone have any ideas how i might solve this?

Cheers

Jess
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers and Footers

Press Alt+F9 to display field codes; I suspect you'll find a REF or StyleRef
code in the header.

http://word.mvps.org

--
Jessica Ford

Jessica Ford Jessica Ford is offline
Junior Member

I have tried Alt+F9 but i'm not too sure what i'm looking for!

Help!

Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
Press Alt+F9 to display field codes; I suspect you'll find a REF or StyleRef
code in the header.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jessica Ford" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

i'm having a bit of trouble with a template in that when i delete a
line of text in the body of the document, the header disappears as
well?!

Does anyone have any ideas how i might solve this?

Cheers

Jess

--
Jessica Ford

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do you see anything within { } in the heder or footer?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]

Yes there's a couple of things in the {} type brackets...

Should i delete them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, you haven't told us what they are, and it depends on what you're
trying to accomplish. Obviously, if you're going to delete the text to which
they evidently refer, then they're useless and might as well be deleted. But
it would be more helpful if you came to understand their function and use
them properly.

Headers and Footers moon New Users 3 October 11th 09 12:00 AM
Headers/Footers jlo Page Layout 2 June 12th 08 12:24 PM
headers and footers A Byrde Page Layout 1 February 3rd 06 06:25 PM
headers and footers precious Page Layout 1 December 7th 05 02:08 AM
Headers and Footers Penfold Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 12:24 AM