Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rutherforddi rutherforddi is offline

Default How to I change the word wrap settings in Word 2007?

I have a doc that was originally in japanese. I have changed the language to
English (US). However, I have individual words wrapping - for example "done"
is "don" on one line and "e" on the next. I found a fix in Word 2003 having
to do with changing the word wrap setting for Latin text: "If your document
contains both European and East Asian text, you can use different word wrap
settings for European and East Asian text. On the Format menu, click
Paragraph, and then click the Asian Typography tab. Select or clear the Allow
Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word check box."
These options either do not exist in Word 2007, or I simply cannot find them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rutherforddi rutherforddi is offline

I finally figured it out! I will share in case others have the same problem.

Go to "Start", "Programs", "Microsoft Office", "Microsoft Office Tools";
"Microsoft Ofice 2007 Language Settings"

On the tab (page) "Editing Languages", I added Chinese and Japanese to the
"Enabled editing language" (English was already there). Click OK.

Opened my doc again, highlighted the text, selected "Paragraph" and the
"Asian Typography" tab now exists. Now it is a simple issue of unchecking the
box for "allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word".

Whew!!

"rutherforddi" wrote:

I have a doc that was originally in japanese. I have changed the language to
English (US). However, I have individual words wrapping - for example "done"
is "don" on one line and "e" on the next. I found a fix in Word 2003 having
to do with changing the word wrap setting for Latin text: "If your document
contains both European and East Asian text, you can use different word wrap
settings for European and East Asian text. On the Format menu, click
Paragraph, and then click the Asian Typography tab. Select or clear the Allow
Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word check box."
These options either do not exist in Word 2007, or I simply cannot find them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Malibu[_2_] Malibu[_2_] is offline

Default MS Word 2007 & 2010 word wrap settings (Asian-English languagedocuments)

Thanks for posting your fix. I constantly work on Asian language created documents in MS Word 2007 and 2010 and this was not well documented in Microsoft Help. Your post saved me a lot of time. Prior versions of Microsoft Word required one to change the paragraph attributes for each paragraph of text. That was very tedious. This is so much faster and easier!

rutherforddi wrote:

I finally figured it out!
05-Mar-10

I finally figured it out! I will share in case others have the same problem.

Go to "Start", "Programs", "Microsoft Office", "Microsoft Office Tools";
"Microsoft Ofice 2007 Language Settings"

On the tab (page) "Editing Languages", I added Chinese and Japanese to the
"Enabled editing language" (English was already there). Click OK.

Opened my doc again, highlighted the text, selected "Paragraph" and the
"Asian Typography" tab now exists. Now it is a simple issue of unchecking the
box for "allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word".

Whew!!

"rutherforddi" wrote:

On Friday, March 05, 2010 11:32 AM
rutherforddi wrote:

How to I change the word wrap settings in Word 2007?
I have a doc that was originally in japanese. I have changed the language to
English (US). However, I have individual words wrapping - for example "done"
is "don" on one line and "e" on the next. I found a fix in Word 2003 having
to do with changing the word wrap setting for Latin text: "If your document
contains both European and East Asian text, you can use different word wrap
settings for European and East Asian text. On the Format menu, click
Paragraph, and then click the Asian Typography tab. Select or clear the Allow
Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word check box."
These options either do not exist in Word 2007, or I simply cannot find them.

On Friday, March 05, 2010 12:27 PM
rutherforddi wrote:

I finally figured it out!
I finally figured it out! I will share in case others have the same problem.

Go to "Start", "Programs", "Microsoft Office", "Microsoft Office Tools";
"Microsoft Ofice 2007 Language Settings"

On the tab (page) "Editing Languages", I added Chinese and Japanese to the
"Enabled editing language" (English was already there). Click OK.

Opened my doc again, highlighted the text, selected "Paragraph" and the
"Asian Typography" tab now exists. Now it is a simple issue of unchecking the
box for "allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word".

Whew!!

Book Review: Excel 2010 - The Missing Manual [OReilly]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-oreilly.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ursvenky@gmail.com is offline

Thank you, this solution worked for me in Office 2013 also. Thanks a lot.

Jack Thomas Jack Thomas is offline
Banned

Be Vigilant, be safe and alert your community…

Hi Everyone,

I have visited a this Forum and found alarming information there that might not be relevant with the current discussions but it is certainly as important as any other important activities in our lives.

https://www.mycomuniti.com/group/eur...h-terror-alert

Share your opinion and keep an eye on surroundings for betterment of this precious planet.

Best Regards

Jack Thomas