[email protected] swallace@air.org is offline
Junior Member

Default Text Shading has white space

I am trying to use a character style within my word document that shades a small line of text. I've put a line above and below the text so that it has a larger shaded area, but I get a small white space above and below the line in some places and in other places it has no white space, this happens above, below and sometimes to the left or right of the shaded text(and sometimes it appears perfectly with the same settings). Is there any way I can get rid of the white space so I have a smooth color space for this text. I can't put this particular text in a table format due to the format of the document, but I'm baffled. Anything you could suggest would be fantastic.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There may be an interaction between your Line Spacing and your font sizes.
If you're mixing sizes, or mixing fonts, in one line, one of them may be
taller than another even if they're the same number of points.

Try setting your Line Spacing to an "Exactly" figure rather than to
"Single" etc.

Also, how did you do "put a line"?