Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chimelle Chimelle is offline

Default Setting default text wrap in 2007

Greetings all!

I am trying to set the default text wrap on pictures to "Tight" -- I have
added the icon to my Quick Access Toolbar but I'd like to set it to be the
default and cannot figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chimelle,

The setting is in the Word Advanced Options area
(Alt, T, O, A) and scroll to the 'Cut, copy and paste'
section to set the default value for
"Insert/paste pictures as"

==========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chimelle Chimelle is offline

Bob,

That is exactly what I needed Thanks!!

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all!

I am trying to set the default text wrap on pictures to "Tight" -- I have
added the icon to my Quick Access Toolbar but I'd like to set it to be the
default and cannot figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

mickmmm mickmmm is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimelle View Post

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all!

I am trying to set the default text wrap on pictures to "Tight" -- I have
added the icon to my Quick Access Toolbar but I'd like to set it to be the
default and cannot figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

This is my first post and the instructions above sound more like Japanese to me, and I'm not japanese! I'm not very good in 'fora' technics but I have seen a few that offer just a text box for one to insert comment or reply....Well that bit out of the way I'm trying to comment on the answer here to make default the type of wrap on one would like (in my case it would be for 300 pics inserted in word 2007 and that had me driven quite crazy as everything has gone wrong and had to be redone. One of the great help I got for this was the tip to use 'square wrap' (I started with a text box which I much regret because I think I did not need it and now it's on the way, the wrong way!
Anyway I searched for making that function the default and kind of found it but could not comprehend it.
It seems that people often ignore or forget what is like to be a beginner. and are very thrifty with steps to get somewhere.
I know not everyone is daft, and I can see this has helped some. Because it's almost the answer. Someone suggested to go to option...ALt T O A= no good but T O will get the option and I don't know how to get further this way with "Advanced". What I see here it's kind of ok so you navigate to get to advanced as this is where it is. Then as said go to Cut, copy and paste. In that group you'll see Insert/paste picture as:". And if you're like me you keep reading below and forget to look to the Right of this where there are fields with a drop down list of settings you won't see it. So do stay on that line and look to your right; the irony here is this one is the only one out of the five field without a choice called (default) but i'm told the "inline with the text" is!
So I kept searching around and finally "got it"!

So here are the complete steps for Word 2007.
1) Click the logo top left.
2) At the bottom of that panel click "word Options" (from anywhere in word
"Alt/T/O" will also get you to this panel)
3) In the left of that panel Click on "Advanced"
4) Now you see the 2nd group of settings in a blue entry "Cut, copy and paste"
5) the fifth entry in that group is "Insert/paste pictures as:"
6) on the Right of that entry you'll see that dropdown list to choose from.
7) The one showing is the default and it's up to you to select the one you prefer.
Done!
*** Not sure what happened but I already edited once but it's not here? Yes I was very disappointed because after this my pasted images were still defaulted to "inlined with the text"! Although it showed in the explained setting it was "Square" But what I realised it depends where you get the picture from. And when it failed to wrap 'square' I had duplicated my document and was copying the pictures from that duplicate. But when I copied them from the original folder it worked ok....Live and learn!
OIC I did not save my first edit, just went to post reply!

Last edited by mickmmm : July 25th 18 at 03:17 PM Reason: not the result I expected.