redzan redzan is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail Merge and Autocorrect

I have a mail merge that adds in doctor's names from an excel sheet into a word file. The excel sheet does not have the doctors credentials only the first and last name.

I have entered the credentials in autocorrect so if John Smith is typed it will autocorrect to John Smith, MD or whatever the appropriate credentials are.

When I mail merge Word does not recognize and automatically insert the autocorrect function unless I manually hit space after each doctor name. This is a long list so it is time consuming to hit space after each one. Is there a way to automate this?

Thank you