Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
André Clark

Default Printing labels on dot matrix without page break

I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to avoid
that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Do you really have to use a dot matrix printer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"André Clark" André wrote in message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the
printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to
avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using a dot matrix label definition, this should not be an issue,
as they are defined with 0" top margin. More likely your printer has a
setting to "skip over perforations" that needs to be set OFF, often with a
DIP switch.

"André Clark" Andr wrote in message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the

printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to

avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
André Clark

Unfurtunately I do have to use dot matrix since the labels are plastic and
going to be soaked in water (laser melts the plastic and inkjet is water
based).

Suzanne, even when I set the top margin to 0" it still jumps. I have tried
on 3 different printers, but always with the same outcome. I don't think it
is the printer, because with a very basic software that comes with the labels
it doesn't happen.

Thanks, André

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using a dot matrix label definition, this should not be an issue,
as they are defined with 0" top margin. More likely your printer has a
setting to "skip over perforations" that needs to be set OFF, often with a
DIP switch.

"André Clark" Andr wrote in message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the

printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to

avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you have misunderstood me. When you open the Envelopes and Labels
dialog and select the Labels tab, there is an Options... button. In the
Label Options dialog, have you selected the "Dot matrix" radio button and
chosen your label definition from one of those listed there?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using a dot matrix label definition, this should not be an

issue,
as they are defined with 0" top margin. More likely your printer has a
setting to "skip over perforations" that needs to be set OFF, often with

DIP switch.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"André Clark" Andr wrote in message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form

that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have

created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the

printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to

avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
André Clark

I did, I created a new label definition with the Dot Matrix option, setting
the top margin to 0 and the rest to the label's measurments. It works
perfectly the first page (I should say "set", because there aren't real page
breaks) and then it jumps and looses the settings.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using a dot matrix label definition, this should not be an

issue,
as they are defined with 0" top margin. More likely your printer has a
setting to "skip over perforations" that needs to be set OFF, often with

DIP switch.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"André Clark" Andr wrote in message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form

that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have

created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page the
printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway to
avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may have better luck basing your label definition on one of the "roll"
types instead of "fanfold." For these Word defines the page size as the
label size instead of the number of labels in a 12" fanfold section.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using a dot matrix label definition, this should not be

an
issue,
as they are defined with 0" top margin. More likely your printer has

setting to "skip over perforations" that needs to be set OFF, often

with
DIP switch.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"André Clark" Andr wrote in

message
I need to print labels on a dot matrix printer on a continuos form

that
doesn't have page breaks (just one label after the other). I have

created
the format with the right measurments, but after the first page

the
printer
will jump as if it had a page break and loose it. Is there anyway

avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
André Clark

Suzanne, I did the test, but as I save the label with a new name it is
automatically transformed to form feed and I get the page break after every
line. Is there a way to manually select "roll"? I couldn't find it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan

André,

Did you ever get a resolution on this problem?
I was just assign to work this same issue.
I am using an EPSON FX-2190 dot matrix to print custom labels (6" x 6" labels)
And the first prints OK but the rest skips.
I measured it and it looks like that the printer skips by 11 inches everytime.

Please advise... Thanks in advance!

--
Alan