Carole UK

Default Losing right-hand text when printing

Hi there,

I'm using XP and WORD 2003. I've received a file - 2 coluimns and multiple
pages - from someone who says it prints perfectly on her PC (also XP and WORD
2003).

The text all looks fine on my screen, all the tabs etc are fine - but whewn
I print it I lose the right-hand section of text. Everything liners up OK,
and I've checked tabs etc, I just lose a strip of text down the right hand
side.

Help appreciated.
--
carole UK
Anne Troy

Check the margins of which your printer is capable. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Carole UK" wrote in message
Hi there,

I'm using XP and WORD 2003. I've received a file - 2 coluimns and
multiple
pages - from someone who says it prints perfectly on her PC (also XP and
WORD
2003).

The text all looks fine on my screen, all the tabs etc are fine - but
whewn
I print it I lose the right-hand section of text. Everything liners up
OK,
and I've checked tabs etc, I just lose a strip of text down the right hand
side.

Help appreciated.
--
carole UK

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Different printers have different non-printable regions. How close to the
edge of the paper is the cutoff happening?

We've also seen such things happen because some underlying/unnoticed
structural element of the document is eclipsing part of the text. Again,
this might manifest on one printer, but not on another.

It can also be a sign that the printer driver isn't able to handle
whatever's being done. What printer are you using, and have you checked on
the mfg's site to see if a more recent driver is available?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com