table cell alignment: can't center vertically

Old October 31st 09, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Powell[_2_]

Default table cell alignment: can't center vertically

(Word 2003). I created a table (TableInsertTable), highlighted all cells,
right-clicked and selected "Cell Alignment". From the resulting display of
alignments, I selected the cell in the middle row, on the left. I expected
that this would mean text within my table cells would be vertically centred,
left aligned. This is not happening. I can get horizontal alignment
changes, but not vertical. What should I do?
Old November 1st 09, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Do you have the Space Before or Space After settings of the Paragraph Format
set to different values?

For example you might have the paragraphs formatted with space after of 12
pts and space before and 0 pts.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

Old December 30th 09, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SusanU

Thank you thank you thank you!! I ran across your answer while having the
same problem. This is something that has driven me crazy for years and have
never figured out, and worked!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

.

Center text vertically in table cell Scott Tables 1 October 6th 08 04:27 AM
Table Cell Alignment Sue Tables 1 January 28th 08 10:30 PM
How do you center text in a cell vertically, rather than horizonta sheana New Users 2 January 6th 08 04:48 PM
center text in a table cell ChessNut Tables 2 June 14th 05 03:10 PM
vertically center sunniensc Tables 1 June 3rd 05 08:19 PM