center text in a table cell

Old June 14th 05, 01:20 PM
ChessNut

Default center text in a table cell

I have read previous posts concerning this subject but I still get words
being hidden by the next cell after I use word wrap. I want to have a
certain column width but the row height can be flexible. I want certain
columns to be left justified and others center justified. Even the center
justified looks like it's going to the right some. I would settle with
getting the table set back to a default and starting over without retyping
all the contents back in. Please help me!

Old June 14th 05, 02:36 PM

If you use the ruler to size columns (instead of dragging the column borders
directly) it is all to easy to inadvertently move the margin/indent markers
for the paragraphs in the cell. If this results in a cell's contents have a
negative right indent, you will see the results you describe.

news

Old June 14th 05, 03:10 PM
ChessNut

You know, that's a big 'DUH HUH!' on that Suzanne. I see now how to fix my
problem. I guess I'm not use to the jargon of Word yet. I am a converted
WordPerfect guy. I thank you. Have a wonderful day!!

John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you use the ruler to size columns (instead of dragging the column borders
directly) it is all to easy to inadvertently move the margin/indent markers
for the paragraphs in the cell. If this results in a cell's contents have a
negative right indent, you will see the results you describe.

news