Daniel

Default Adding a Thesaurus from a different language Office CD

I have installed Office 2003, English version, on my computer from a CD.
In the CD, there was no option to install Hebrew proofing tools, which I need.
Recently, I acquired an Office 2003, Hebrew vesrion CD. When I try to
install Office from it, it behaves as if I didn't have Office installed on my
computer and tries to install it again. When I choose Add or Remove Features
for Office in the wizard in the Add/Remove Programs tool, and go to Proofing
Tools, it only shows the languages that were available at the first
installation of Office - no Hebrew.

It is more comfortable for me to work in an English environment in Office,
but I sometimes write in Hebrew and would like to have a spell checker,
Thesaurus, etc. in Hebrew.
Is there a way I can install the proofing tools from my Hebrew CD, without
uninstalling the English version? Or perhaps download those proofing tools
from the Microsoft site (I have searched for them and haven't found)?

Thanks,
Daniel.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGFuaWVs?=,

Strictly speaking, you would need to purchase the Proofing Tools CD and install
the tools you need from that.

What I might try, in your place, would be to insert the Hebrew Office CD and
force Setup.exe to run from the Windows Explorer (if the CD doesn't AutoRun for
you). Then I'd choose a custom setup and activate only the proofing tools.

If this doesn't work, the next thing I might try would be to uninstall the
current version of Office, run Setup for the Hebrew version in customize mode
and install only the proofing tools. Then try reinstalling the English version.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)