Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mgig2000 Mgig2000 is offline

Default How do i save the mail merge setting with Word and Access?

I can do all the setting for mail merge using Word with Access (2003). But
after saving it, when i open it, it does link to the proper file location, i
have to reset it all over again. Can I do something to avoid this repetitive
action?
--
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TWdpZzIwMDA=?=,

I can do all the setting for mail merge using Word with Access (2003). But
after saving it, when i open it, it does link to the proper file location, i
have to reset it all over again. Can I do something to avoid this repetitive
action?

May I assume you've mistyped and you want do say it does NOT link to the proper
file location? IOW, when you re-open the main merge document, you get a prompt
to find the data source?

This is also happening with new documents? How about if you start Word in SAFE
MODE (hold down CTRL when starting), then creating a new main merge document?

Are you using the Recipients dialog box to filter the records with which the
document is merged? If yes, please describe what you're doing.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)