Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fergusmaximus fergusmaximus is offline

Default Automatically resize merged graphic

Hi folks,

I realise a similar question has been asked before but my need is slightly
different.

I am merging using Word 2003 and including a conditional graphic where the
path depends on the result of another merge field. After some hunting online
I found the construction below on Graham Mayor's site:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{ IF { MERGEFIELD ftrImage \* MERGEFORMAT } "" "{
MERGEFIELD ftrImage \* MERGEFORMAT }" "[manual file path]\\Blank.jpg" }" }

Much to my delight this works. Unfortunately, I've just noticed that the
process resizes the graphic (I think Word is worried about the margins but
could be wrong).

Is there a way to force Word to leave the graphic at 100%?

[I can't figure out how to apply macropod's suggested solution to a similar
issue (using a text box) because my INCLUDEPICTURE is the opposite way
around; it doesn't work if I try to put the INCLUDEPICTURE inside the IF
statement (it just merges to show the filepath)].

Thanks,
Ferg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try putting the field construction inside the cell of a one row, one column
table in which the cell dimensions are appropriate for the full size image.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"fergusmaximus" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fergusmaximus fergusmaximus is offline

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately that didn't work. The merge was fine but Word still shrank the
graphic in the table despite the fact it was plenty wide enough.

Any other ideas?

Ferg