Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Hard Returns MS Word Template Form

I'm using MS XP and Word97. How do I stop anyone from entering a hard return
in my form? For example: If I have the following in the form (example),

Last Name: text form field First Name: text form field

If the curser is in the text form field and I press "Enter" the entire
line from the right of that will drop down to the next line.

Last Name: text form field First Name: text form field

text form field First Name: text form field

Also, if the text form field is let's say 10 characters. As I type in the
text form field for the entire 10 characters, the next field to the right
starts moving to the right.

Example: Last Name: text form field First Name: text form field

If I start typing in last name, the first name fiels starts moving to the
right by the number of characters I typed into the last name field.

Last Name: aaaaaaaaaa First Name: text
form field

Thanks.\John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Restrict the amount of space available by inserting the field in a
(borderless) table cell of fixed dimensions. It won't stop the users
pressing the enter key, but if they do the extra lines will not be visible.

John wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Graham:

Thanks. Your suggestion worked for fixing field lengths. Although the
lines are not visable the form adds a line when "Enter" is pressed. Is there
anyway to supress the blank line?

John

"John" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you set the row height of the cell that contains the field to exactly
accommodate the line height you will not get a blank line.

John wrote:
Graham:

Thanks. Your suggestion worked for fixing field lengths. Although
the lines are not visible the form adds a line when "Enter" is
pressed. Is there anyway to suppress the blank line?

John

"John" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Graham:

I tried your suggestion but I still get a blank line.

John