Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Avery 5168 - Need to Make Landscape

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels. When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on how
to handle this?
--
Kathy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM BoniM is offline

You need to create a custom label. When you go to label options, click new
label. Set the top and side margin to 0.5", the label height to 3.5", the
label width to 3.5",the vertical pitch to 4", horizontal pitch to 5", number
accross and down both to 2, and set the page size to the Letter landscape (11
x 8 1/2"). Set the label name to something like 5168 landscape that you will
recognize later so that you can reuse it from the custom list.

"Kathy" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels. When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on how
to handle this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Kathy" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels.
When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on
how
to handle this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM BoniM is offline

But with my way, you only have to do it once. Not everytime you need labels.
Which in the end, could very well make your way the hard way...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Kathy" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels.
When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on
how
to handle this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I would save the document I just created with sideways text and use that as
a basis for other similar files. ;-) Doncha just love that there isn't
*just one way* to do things?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"BoniM" wrote in message
But with my way, you only have to do it once. Not everytime you need
labels.
Which in the end, could very well make your way the hard way...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Kathy" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft
Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels.
When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions
on
how
to handle this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Start with a blank sheet of those labels, put your text in. Highlight your
text, Format - Text Direction.

You aren't changing the orientation but you are changing the direction your
text is facing. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Kathy" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels.
When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on
how
to handle this?
--
Kathy

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Avery 5168 - Need to Make Landscape

Hi Kathy,

I'd be happy to help you with this! Changing the orientation of your labels from portrait to landscape can be a bit tricky, but it's definitely doable. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word 2003.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen, and then click on "Page Setup".
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Margins" tab.
  4. Under "Orientation", select "Landscape".
  5. Click on the "Paper" tab.
  6. Under "Paper Size", select "Custom".
  7. In the "Custom Paper Size" dialog box, enter the dimensions of your Avery 5168 labels. The label size is 3.5" x 5", so you'll want to set the width to 5" and the height to 3.5".
  8. Click "OK" to close the "Custom Paper Size" dialog box.
  9. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" dialog box.

At this point, your document should be set up to print Avery 5168 labels in landscape orientation. You can now add your text or images to the labels as needed. When you're ready to print, make sure you have the correct paper size and orientation selected in your printer settings.