Joan

Default trouble printing a folded booklet

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and I created and printed a booklet
successfully. The problem came when I added a few pages in the middle and
tried to print again. Suddenly I only get one page out of a 32 page booklet
and it's just actually a half of a horizontal 8.5" * 11". I also sent the
booklet to a partner in this project for her to enter new information for an
additional booklet we are doing. The problem I have when I try to print hers
is that one piece of paper prints with nothing on it (a 9 page booklet).
With both of these situations I see the entire booklet set up perfectly in my
print preview. I have tried everything: recopying original document into a
new booklet format and same problems. Any ideas?

Joan

Thanks for replying Suzanne. I should have been more clear. I selected 12
or sometimes all in the # of pages section. I only meant to point out there
were 9 pages of text in the booklet and I am only getting one blank page when
I print. Also my other booklet is 32 pages and I again am only getting one
page printing and that is from the middle of the book.

"Joan" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and I created and printed a booklet
successfully. The problem came when I added a few pages in the middle and
tried to print again. Suddenly I only get one page out of a 32 page

booklet
and it's just actually a half of a horizontal 8.5" * 11". I also sent the
booklet to a partner in this project for her to enter new information for

an
additional booklet we are doing. The problem I have when I try to print

hers
is that one piece of paper prints with nothing on it (a 9 page booklet).
With both of these situations I see the entire booklet set up perfectly in

my
print preview. I have tried everything: recopying original document into

new booklet format and same problems. Any ideas?

Okay, sorry for the unwarranted assumption of cluelessness. g FWIW, I find
the "Book fold" feature generally unsatisfactory. Not only does it reverse
"Mirror margins" but it is very unpredictable when you try to print specific
pages. That's why I'm still using the manual method described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's no such thing as a "9 page booklet." Booklet pages have to be in
multiples of 4. If you go beyond 8 pages, you need to add 4 more (total

of
12); you will have 3 blank pages at the end.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.