Jezebel

turn the monitor on its side.

"Rita Goldberg" wrote in message
Although I frequently use the split window capability of Word, instead of
a horizontal split, what I would really like is a vertical split. Is there
some way to do this?

Thanks,
Rita

CyberTaz

May vary depending on Word & Windows versions, but try this:

Make sure all other windows are closed or minimized except Word. Go to
WindowNew Window, then Rt-Click the Taskbar in an empty spot and choose Tile
Windows Vertically.

Hope this Helps |:)
Go To Window

"Jezebel" wrote:

turn the monitor on its side.

"Rita Goldberg" wrote in message
Although I frequently use the split window capability of Word, instead of
a horizontal split, what I would really like is a vertical split. Is there
some way to do this?

Thanks,
Rita

Rita Goldberg

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Do you want to split a single document or view two? In Word 2003 there is a
new feature, "Compare Side by Side with..." (on the Window menu), that
allows you to automatically tile two documents vertically.

I'm using Word 2002 and so can't take advantage of the feature you
describe. However, it's a great addition, and I'll look forward to
using it whenever I upgrade. Thanks for the information.