Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
xppuser xppuser is offline

Default hyperlinking appendices in a document

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office pro sp2,

i have a document. i have used Insert - Caption and Cross References to
hyperlink Figures and Tables mentioned within the text to the actual Figures
and Tables. i have also made appendices, which are to be found at the end of
the documents (Appendix I, II, III up to IX). how can i 'caption' this
appendices so that i can insert - cross reference them in the text so that
they are hyperlinked i.e. shaded grey where i can Ctril+click on the
cross-reference of the appendix mentioned within the text to go to the
relevant appendix?

i hope i am making sense out of my request for advice/help. if further
clarification is required, please do let me know.

thank you,
jes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Use heading styles for the appendix headings, then select 'Heading' from the
Reference Type list on the Insert Cross Reference dialog.

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
xppuser xppuser is offline

thanks for your advice jezebel.

i just found this site, which is quite useful:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ableOfContents

jes