Monbade Monbade is offline
Junior Member

Default page jumps

Hi, i have an annoying problem with my office 7. As i write and get say 3-5 paragraphs down the page (or even 3-5 pages in) it will suddenly jump back to the top of what ever i am writing. I then have to scroll back down to where i was working and start typing again. Is their a way to stop this?

Thanks
Monbade

Monbade Monbade is offline
Junior Member

I wish, but no. I will be writing and it just jumps to the top of the page. Then i scroll back down to where i was and can see what i was typing to start over again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you start Word in Safe mode, as part of troubleshooting, does that still
happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Monbade" wrote in message

I wish, but no. I will be writing and it just jumps to the top of the
page. Then i scroll back down to where i was and can see what i was
typing to start over again.

--
Monbade

Monbade Monbade is offline
Junior Member

just tried it and yes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, the problem may very well be hardware-related. Are you typing
on a laptop with a touchpad? Try disabling the touchpad and use a mouse
instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Monbade" wrote in message

just tried it and yes.

--
Monbade

Monbade Monbade is offline
Junior Member

no its a desk top pc. So its not a hardware. I will be typing and it just jumps to the top of the page. its frustrating because being a writer, this really slows me down.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For a desktop PC, try a different keyboard and a different mouse.

There is nothing in Word that can cause the insertion point to jump, except
possibly for poorly designed add-ins (which you have ruled out by
unsuccessfully running in Word's Safe mode).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP