Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kurt Kurt is offline

Default 2007 add-ins disappearing

Hello,

I have created firm.dot with a toolbar of macros, etc., in Word 2003, and
copied the file to a startup directory. I load Word 2007, for which I've
correctly set the startup directory to load the firm.dot. For weeks now, the
Add-ins tab has shown correctly in Word 2007. However, 20 minutes ago, the
Add-ins was gone. Firm.dot is still loaded...i.e. I can still activate
macros contained in firm.dot, but the Add-ins tab is gone. I've logged out,
etc. to try to bring it back. No luck. Even when opening the firm.dot on
it's own, the Add-ins tab is no longer there. All my settings are correct.
I've checked and double checked. VERY STRANGE. Any help from anyone??

THANKS!
Kurt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have edited the add-in template in Word 2007 and/or dismissed the
buttons from the add-ins toolbar the toolbar buttons may be lost. If there
are no toolbar buttons it won't appear on the add-ins tab.You need to
re-edit the template in an earlier Word version and re-add (or re-display)
the toolbar before resaving it. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

If you have no access to an earlier Word version then you should be able to
add the macros as buttons to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) .