Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Laws Roy Laws is offline

Default My zip code format is lost when merging from Excel to Word...

The postal code information should be stored as text in the data source, not
as a number. Enter the zipcode prefaced with a single quote.

"MarianneME" wrote:

I am merging addresses from Excel to Work and I lose zip code formatting
during the merge so that for all zip codes that begin with a zreo, the zero
is dropped. I have never had this problem before, how can I fix this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Veteran Mortgage Veteran Mortgage is offline

"MarianneME" wrote:
I am merging addresses from Excel to Work and I lose zip code formatting
during the merge so that for all zip codes that begin with a zreo, the zero
is dropped. I have never had this problem before, how can I fix this?
Thanks!

This is true its text it has to be to read in Word