Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dutrem dutrem is offline

Default using Autotext

How can i put the date on my paper using autotext by typing in the day of
week
like tues then the correct date comes up i cant figure it out please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is that you can't. Word has limited autocompletion of
dates, but it doesn't do exactly what you ask and although you could
probably cobble together a set of autotext entries pertinent to each weekday
that would replace with a createdate field. It would be much simpler and
more practical to either use the insert date feature (ALT+SHIFT+D) or insert
the date in whatever format you like using a macro assigned to a keyboard
shortcut e.g.

Sub InsertUSFormatDate()
With Selection
.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="MMMM" & Chr(160) & _
"d," & Chr(160) & "yyyy", InsertAsField:=False
End With
End Sub

AutoText Joanne Microsoft Word Help 3 April 12th 08 07:00 AM
Autotext rabbieburns Microsoft Word Help 3 April 30th 06 07:05 PM
AutoText linda Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 05 06:27 PM
AutoText, how do I add the SaveDate function to the AutoText list. PKDance Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 06:03 AM
Need help with AutoText please SP New Users 1 February 25th 05 05:09 PM