Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] morejunk@theward.com is offline

Default Anchor a picture and caption to a specific page.

Hello,

My graduate school requires that any picture be on a seperate page
(with a caption) but NOTHING else can be on the page. For example, if
I insert a picture with its caption on page 17 then that picture needs
to stay on page 17 and the rest of the text needs to wrap around it
(i.e. from page 16 to 18).
The picture cannot go into a textbox because the caption usually has a
reference in it and Endnote screws up the numbering (resets it to #1
for some unknown reason). The Endnote issue doesn't appear if I put
the picture in a table but that just shifts the problem to: how do you
keep a table fixed to a specific page since even if the 1x1 table is
the size of the page it just gets pushed down to the next page. The
only fix I can see is to do it by hand and insert page breaks and cut
and paste text around the page but that is a pain.

Thanks,
Adrian.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Please see my reply to "wrap text around full page image" posted yesterday
in this same discussion group. Note that you can use either a frame or a
table cell to keep the picture and caption together, but just "Keep with
next" on the picture style will suffice, and if you've got page breaks on
either side of the picture/caption, it hardly matters.

wrote in message
[...]

how to anchor a graphic line to a specific spot bnw401 New Users 1 August 8th 07 03:50 PM
How to Anchor Title/Caption to Table? Susieber Tables 4 August 11th 06 05:09 PM
How do I position a caption to left or right of photo and anchor s Amateur Page Layout 4 August 22nd 05 09:32 AM
Anchor Picture Bill New Users 4 May 7th 05 02:31 PM
How do you change the default picture insert to lock anchor? Clark Griffiths Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 10:45 AM