Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sven

Default Showing both chapter and document page numbers

How can I show both chapter and document page number on the same page?

That is,

Chapter page 1, Page 10
Chapter page 2, Page 11 etc etc

Each chapter begins with Heading 1. So {StyleRef} field would be perfect if
it could return its page number.

Word version is XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A simple solution is to have two fields {STYLEREF Heading 1 \*
MERGEFORMAT }, Page {Page}.
The first field tells Word to find Heading 1 and grab the text for the
footer but to strip out the heading 1 style information.
Then you manually type a comma, a space and the word Page
The second field tells Word to insert the current page number.

As a reminder, one can't type the curly braces manually, you must use
CTRL-F9 for Word to recognize them properly

My version of Word (Mac:2004) does have the option in the PAGE field to
include Heading 1 information, but with no comma to separate. You may
have the option in XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sven

Thanks but what I need is PAGE NUMBER of current chapter, not chapter title.
{ STYLEREF } gives me chapter title.

And it should be together with total page number.

For example:

page 1: (new chapter starts)
chapter page 1 / total page 1

page 2:
chapter page 2 / total page 2

page 3: (new chapter starts)
chapter page 1 / total page 3

Does Word 2004 MAC have option for {PAGE} field to specify style? I checked
MS Office online help and it does not hint anything about it:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

The Ref field has an option to show page number (but is not suitable for
multi-chapter headers).
There is a SectionPages field which will tell you the number of pages in a
section. If your chapters are Word sections that will give you what you want
on that.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sven" wrote in message
Thanks but what I need is PAGE NUMBER of current chapter, not chapter
title.
{ STYLEREF } gives me chapter title.

And it should be together with total page number.

For example:

page 1: (new chapter starts)
chapter page 1 / total page 1

page 2:
chapter page 2 / total page 2

page 3: (new chapter starts)
chapter page 1 / total page 3

Does Word 2004 MAC have option for {PAGE} field to specify style? I
checked
MS Office online help and it does not hint anything about it:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey

See the section on "dual numbering" at:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm
for a possible solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sven

Hi,

Thanks, I guess this is the best I can get.
In ideal world one shouldnt create separate bookmark for each chapter title
and modify each header.

If {styleref} field could have modifier to return its page number then it
would be perfect, as I said earlier. Microsoft, when do we have this feature?

Sven

"Greg Maxey" kirjutas: