Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nonremoval nonremoval is offline

Default How do I edit Calibri out my index entry styles?

I'm trying to edit my index entry paragraph styles to display an Arial
fontface. This works well enough for the locators, but the text of the
entries stubbornly display a Calibri fontface. I have Word 2007, and nothing
I have tried eradicates the Calibri fontface. Calibri is incompatible with
the fontface in the body text. Has anyone tried to generate an index in Word
2007 and encountered this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nonremoval nonremoval is offline

Thanks for your reply Suzanne. Yes, I tried modifying those styles. After I
posted the question, however, I found out what was going on. Word 2007 has
this new feature called font themes. Briefly, what you have to do is go into
the Page Layout tab and change the font theme from Cambria (Heading) and
Calibri (Body) to the desired font theme. In my case, I wanted Arial Classic
2. The problem with this is that it a person using Word 2003 cannot change
the font theme if it's set to Cambria/Calibri. In fact, when I tried to save
back down to Word 2003, whiped out the font theme I had selected and restored
it to Cambria/Calibri. My only question now is how to keep Arial Classic 2
when saving a Word 2007 doc back to Word 2003. This is very frustrating,
because if I want to save my index file back to 2003, I'm now stuck with
Cambria/Calibri and I can't get into the font themes to change it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you modified the Index styles (Index 1, Index 2, etc.)?

"nonremoval" wrote in message
I'm trying to edit my index entry paragraph styles to display an Arial
fontface. This works well enough for the locators, but the text of the
entries stubbornly display a Calibri fontface. I have Word 2007, and

nothing
I have tried eradicates the Calibri fontface. Calibri is incompatible with
the fontface in the body text. Has anyone tried to generate an index in

Word
2007 and encountered this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but it will have to wait for a Word
2007 user to answer. Sorry!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you modified the Index styles (Index 1, Index 2, etc.)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"nonremoval" wrote in message
I'm trying to edit my index entry paragraph styles to display an Arial
fontface. This works well enough for the locators, but the text of the
entries stubbornly display a Calibri fontface. I have Word 2007, and

nothing
I have tried eradicates the Calibri fontface. Calibri is incompatible

with
the fontface in the body text. Has anyone tried to generate an index

in
Word
2007 and encountered this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nonremoval nonremoval is offline

Thanks Suzanne. We'll see what happens. I also found out how to set default
font themes in 2007, but this does not appear to save down to Word 2003.
Doing all this introduced me to yet another potential issue with 2007, but I
will save that for another post. Have a great day.

Bill Graham

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you modified the Index styles (Index 1, Index 2, etc.)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"nonremoval" wrote in message
I'm trying to edit my index entry paragraph styles to display an Arial
fontface. This works well enough for the locators, but the text of the
entries stubbornly display a Calibri fontface. I have Word 2007, and
nothing
I have tried eradicates the Calibri fontface. Calibri is incompatible

with
the fontface in the body text. Has anyone tried to generate an index

in
Word
2007 and encountered this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet Morrison Janet Morrison is offline

I am able to do this in Word 2007, but I have the compatibility mode add-in
installed. I did not install this myself: I was working with a Microsoft
consultant who knew about it and installed it for me. I've had no
compatibility problems since then. I'd suggest you go to this link to see
what to do. I hope it helps you.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...leFormatFS.doc

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you modified the Index styles (Index 1, Index 2, etc.)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"nonremoval" wrote in message
I'm trying to edit my index entry paragraph styles to display an Arial
fontface. This works well enough for the locators, but the text of the
entries stubbornly display a Calibri fontface. I have Word 2007, and
nothing
I have tried eradicates the Calibri fontface. Calibri is incompatible

with
the fontface in the body text. Has anyone tried to generate an index

in
Word
2007 and encountered this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Janet,

The MS Office compatibility pack is for folks who do not have Word 2007 installed. Word 2007 has the compatibility mode built in
and does not use the add-in.

In Word 2007 You can save any Word 2007 document in Word 97/2003 format and that will automatically turn on the 'compatibility mode'
for that document. You can also make that mode the default by using the Word Option settings (Alt, T, O, S) and setting Word
97-2003 as the default file save format.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP