Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lofrasso Lofrasso is offline

Default How do I change margin of dividing line bet. footnote & text?

the divider between footnote and body of text is on a different margin. How
do it make it flush with the margin of the text and the footnote?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are using Word 2007, switch to Draft view. On the References tab,
click Show Notes to display the footnote pane. (In Word 2003, switch to
Normal view, and click View | Footnotes to show the footnote pane.) Choose
the Footnote Separator item and then click the Reset button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lofrasso" wrote in message
the divider between footnote and body of text is on a different margin.
How do it make it flush with the margin of the text and the footnote?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Reset" will make it take on the attributes of the Normal style,
probably including the indentation. If you want your Footnote
Separator to be fllush left, then when you're there, you can either
drag the upper triangle to the left in the Ruler, or you can apply a
style to it that doesn't have an indentation. I use a style called
NormalFirst for the unindented paragraph right after a heading, and
that works fine for the Separator.

You'll also need to do this with the Footnote Continuation Separator,
in case you have long notes that break onto the next page. This is
pretty much obligatory in a printed book, but the Footnote Separator
itself often is indented to match tbe paragraph indentation of the
text.

"Lofrasso" wrote in message

the divider between footnote and body of text is on a different margin.
How do it make it flush with the margin of the text and the footnote?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In my experience, the Reset button primarily affects the contents of the
separator, and it doesn't reset the style. However, you are right that Reset
might not do the trick; it was merely intended to be a first suggestion.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP