Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
berniepiel berniepiel is offline

Default How do I stop words from splitting at the end of a line?

Been using Word from its inception and now find a problem I can't resolve and
need your help. When I come to the end of a line, the last word will break
and then continue where the break occured on the next line. For example,
"hilltop" might break at "hil" and end one line and then continue with "ltop"
on the next line. I've checked all the usual suspects like formatting or
tool menues but cannot find the way to stop this from happening. Your help
would be greatly apprciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although this can result from a damaged font (if the font starts thinking
it's a "decorative" or symbol font), the most common cause is a corrupt
document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm