Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deanland deanland is offline

Default how to set up Thunderbird as default email client in Word?

Changed default email program on machine and in windows to Thunderbird. But
when any of the Office2007 Suite program open, the e-mail button only offers
a fax option, The e-mail option is unhighlighted, often called "grayed out."

I am not a newbie -- I know how to set defaults. But Office 2007 seems to
not recognize or acknowledge Thunderbird as the email client. I had no such
problem with XP, or Office 2003.

Thanks in advance.

--dean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would try a newsgroup that helps Thunderbird users.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"deanland" wrote in message
Changed default email program on machine and in windows to Thunderbird.
But
when any of the Office2007 Suite program open, the e-mail button only
offers
a fax option, The e-mail option is unhighlighted, often called "grayed
out."

I am not a newbie -- I know how to set defaults. But Office 2007 seems to
not recognize or acknowledge Thunderbird as the email client. I had no
such
problem with XP, or Office 2003.

Thanks in advance.

--dean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are not a newbie, then please enlighten all us newbies as
to how you set Thunderbird as the default.

If you are not a newbie, then you know to close Thunderbird and
all Office applications, and then make sure the Mail section of
your win.ini file contains all of the following keys/values:

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

If you are not a newbie, then you know that if you need to modify
win.ini, you should use a plain text editor (such as Notepad) to
make the modifications, and you should restart Windows to make
sure the new win.ini settings take effect.

If you are not a newbie, then you know that Thunderbird and Lotus
Notes are not completely MAPI-compliant, but instead use
SimpleMAPI, which arbitrarily works on some computers but not on
others as far as allowing the 'Send To' feature in Office
applications to function.