Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Merlina Merlina is offline

Default How do I set "file view" so file opens with a list instead of icon

I can't figure out how to save the way files are displayed in my folders. I
want to see them as lists, not as icons. All help will be appreciated.
Thanks! Merlina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In Word's file operations windows, you can set the view from the toolbar in
the top right of the dialog. In some dialogs, in some versions of Word, the
display will always revert to its defaults. It *may* be possible to overcome
the problem with macros, but you need to be more specific about the Word
version and the dialog in question.

Windows file display has nothing to do with Word.