Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Greg is offline

Default Page number not extending out to far right

One line of my table of contents isn't formatting correctly. The problem
looks like this:

Introduction.......................1
Plant Description...............1
Methods 2
Results and Discussion.........5

The page number on the "Methods" line does not extend out. Can someone tell
me why this is and how to fix this? Thank you for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Look for a hanging indent or tab stop set at that point; your longer entries
are running past it, but the short entry is hanging up there.

http://word.mvps.org

"Greg" wrote in message
One line of my table of contents isn't formatting correctly. The problem
looks like this:

Introduction.......................1
Plant Description...............1
Methods 2
Results and Discussion.........5

The page number on the "Methods" line does not extend out. Can someone
tell
me why this is and how to fix this? Thank you for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Heather Young Heather Young is offline

I see this all the time in my TOCs, and the work around is to use the Format Painter.

1. Select the Introduction line.
2. Click the Format Painter on the toolbar (double click it to paint the format to multiple areas of the document).
3. Click within the Plant Description line, and it should adjust to proper formatting.

Greg wrote:

Page number not extending out to far right
22-Apr-10

One line of my table of contents is not formatting correctly. The problem
looks like this:

Introduction.......................1
Plant Description...............1
Methods 2
Results and Discussion.........5

The page number on the "Methods" line does not extend out. Can someone tell
me why this is and how to fix this? Thank you for your time.

A Framework to Animate WPF and Silverlight Pages Similar to the PowerPoint Slides
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nimate-wp.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This will not help if the issue is a tab stop in an inconvenient position,
as previously explained. If it would work, the Format Painter would not be
required: a simple Ctrl+Q would reset the entry to the defined TOC paragraph
style.

http://word.mvps.org