Risleytine Risleytine is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail Merge Spellcheck

Hi all,

I've read over lots of info on this forum and others about how to apply spellcheck to a document after a mail merge (Ctrl A/Select All, and then unchecking the check box under languages.)

For some reason this is not working for me. It seems to be an issue with the "Selecting All" portion of the process, not so much the check box of the languages.

If I select a portion of the document, unchecking the check box works just fine and I can spell check again.

But for some reason when I select the whole document, or even just multiple pages, it will not work.

I thought perhaps it had something to do with the page breaks, so I removed those just to see, and had the same issue. Selecting one paragraph I can apply (unapply) the check box, but when I select multiple sections It will not unapply.

What am I missing here?

I am running Word 2010, and the merge is coming out of a third party software called Raiser's Edge (if that matters)