Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
daren white[_2_] daren white[_2_] is offline

Default multiple pages

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row on
a page. Page borders do not work either
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Select the whole table, Format, Borders and Shading, Borders tab, click the
border icon that shows a horizontal line in the middle of the icon. This will
add a line to the border between cells. If you want the last row of the table
to have a border on the bottom, click the icon below this - a horizontal line
at the bottom of the icon. This will add a border to the bottom of the last
row only, and not between the cells.
If your table spans across pages, then the middle border line will display
at the bottom of the page as the table continues over.
If you have merged cells (vertically) and the border is sometimes missing,
then that is usually due to you having a vertically merged cell alongside
some non-merged rows which are dropping over the page break. You may need to
have the merged cell start on the new page. If this is the case, come back as
this will need further instructions.
Does this answer your question? Come back with further details of what you
have, what you want and also what version of Word you are using.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If a border is desired at the bottom of every row, then the Horizontal
Inside Border is the one to use, but if what is wanted is just a border at
the bottom of the table and at the bottom of every page of the table if it
runs to more than one page (which is what the OP seems to be asking for),
then I find that adding just a Bottom Border (to the whole table) will
achieve this effect.

In fact, many of the questions we see here pertain to getting rid of the
bottom border on pages where the table does not end, and the solution to
that is to add a Bottom Border to just the last cell and not the whole
table.

http://word.mvps.org

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header
row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row
on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Hi Suzanne.
My reading of the posting is that a bottom border is required at the bottom
of the row "each page", that to me suggests that the table spans pages.
shrug we may never know ;-)
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header
row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row
on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

But that's what I meant. The OP seems to want a border at the bottom of each
page, not at the bottom of each row. I would hope that there would be more
than one row on a page. And if a single row spans more than one page, then
the OP is just asking for grief.

http://word.mvps.org

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the
header
row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each
row
on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
daren white[_2_] daren white[_2_] is offline

I am using word 2003. The table is on 2 pages and is part of a template with
formfields in and depending on answers given removes certain rows. It is ok
if enough rows are deleted to put the table onto one page but if it goes onto
2 the bottom row of the 1st page does not have a border. When I click on the
horizontal line and apply to table it puts a border on every row. Depending
on how many rows are deleted I cannot tell where the bottom row will be. I
need to run a macro which looks for the bottom row of each page and insert
the border that way

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header
row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row
on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Not at all. Select the entire table and apply Bottom Border (not Horizontal
Inside Line). This will give you a bottom border on every page, not just the
bottom of the table.

http://word.mvps.org

"daren white" wrote:

I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the
header
row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of
each row
on
a page. Page borders do not work either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
daren white[_2_] daren white[_2_] is offline

sorry forgot to mention I also have borders on some of the columns - not all
of them. this seems to alter the horizontal border when I change it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
daren white[_2_] daren white[_2_] is offline

try it create a table with 5 columns and 30 rows - insert border around and
apply to table, select a column and put a vertical border in. It looks ok
until you press return in a row until the document goes onto 2 pages and the
part of the border disappears

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure why adding vertical borders would have any effect on horizontal
ones.

http://word.mvps.org

"daren white" wrote in message

sorry forgot to mention I also have borders on some of the columns - not
all
of them. this seems to alter the horizontal border when I change it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Okay, I can reproduce this. It doesn't seem to me that it should happen, at
least not with a row that ends on a given page (I can sort of see not having
a bottom border when the row continues to the next page).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure why adding vertical borders would have any effect on
horizontal
ones.

http://word.mvps.org

"daren white" wrote in message

sorry forgot to mention I also have borders on some of the columns -
not
all
of them. this seems to alter the horizontal border when I change it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HollyE HollyE is offline

Default Table border problem

Hi,

I am having some issues with large tables which span across 6+ pages in word. I have tried some of the previous suggestions but I have already done a lot of changes to the borders within the tables which I don't want to change. Most of the rows in my table have no border. On some pages when I print there is a border at the end of each page, and on some there isn't. I think this may be because I have copied and pasted some of the rows, but I am not sure how to fix it so that each page has a bottom border. I am using Word 2007.

Thanks.

DeanH wrote:

Select the whole table, Format, Borders and Shading, Borders tab, click
09-Sep-09

[...]

"daren white" wrote:

On Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:43 AM
daren white wrote:

multiple pages
I need to add a border on the bottom row of each page. I use the header row
and that works fine but I need to have a border on the bottom of each row on
a page. Page borders do not work either

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:36 AM
DeanH wrote:

[...]

"daren white" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:34 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If a border is desired at the bottom of every row, then the HorizontalInside
If a border is desired at the bottom of every row, then the Horizontal
Inside Border is the one to use, but if what is wanted is just a border at
the bottom of the table and at the bottom of every page of the table if it
runs to more than one page (which is what the OP seems to be asking for),
then I find that adding just a Bottom Border (to the whole table) will
achieve this effect.

In fact, many of the questions we see here pertain to getting rid of the
bottom border on pages where the table does not end, and the solution to
that is to add a Bottom Border to just the last cell and not the whole
table.

http://word.mvps.org

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:49 AM
DeanH wrote:

Hi Suzanne.
Hi Suzanne.
My reading of the posting is that a bottom border is required at the bottom
of the row "each page", that to me suggests that the table spans pages.
shrug we may never know ;-)
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 12:07 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

But that is what I meant.
But that is what I meant. The OP seems to want a border at the bottom of each
page, not at the bottom of each row. I would hope that there would be more
than one row on a page. And if a single row spans more than one page, then
the OP is just asking for grief.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:36 AM
daren white wrote:

I am using word 2003.
I am using word 2003. The table is on 2 pages and is part of a template with
formfields in and depending on answers given removes certain rows. It is ok
if enough rows are deleted to put the table onto one page but if it goes onto
2 the bottom row of the 1st page does not have a border. When I click on the
horizontal line and apply to table it puts a border on every row. Depending
on how many rows are deleted I cannot tell where the bottom row will be. I
need to run a macro which looks for the bottom row of each page and insert
the border that way

"DeanH" wrote:

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:02 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Not at all.
Not at all. Select the entire table and apply Bottom Border (not Horizontal
Inside Line). This will give you a bottom border on every page, not just the
bottom of the table.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:19 PM
daren white wrote:

sorry forgot to mention I also have borders on some of the columns - not allof
sorry forgot to mention I also have borders on some of the columns - not all
of them. this seems to alter the horizontal border when I change it

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:54 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I am not sure why adding vertical borders would have any effect on
I am not sure why adding vertical borders would have any effect on horizontal
ones.

http://word.mvps.org

On Friday, September 11, 2009 11:01 AM
daren white wrote:

try it create a table with 5 columns and 30 rows - insert border around
try it create a table with 5 columns and 30 rows - insert border around and
apply to table, select a column and put a vertical border in. It looks ok
until you press return in a row until the document goes onto 2 pages and the
part of the border disappears

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Friday, September 11, 2009 11:25 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Okay, I can reproduce this.
Okay, I can reproduce this. It does not seem to me that it should happen, at
least not with a row that ends on a given page (I can sort of see not having
a bottom border when the row continues to the next page).

http://word.mvps.org

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ses-avail.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you apply a bottom border to the entire table (not just the last row),
this should result in a bottom border on each page.

http://word.mvps.org

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

But that is what I meant.
But that is what I meant. The OP seems to want a border at the bottom of
each
page, not at the bottom of each row. I would hope that there would be more
than one row on a page. And if a single row spans more than one page, then
the OP is just asking for grief.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:36 AM

I am using word 2003.

"DeanH" wrote:

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:02 PM

Not at all.