Billybudinsf

Default How do I insert a newsletter into an email without format change?

I have created an enewsletter from a Word template. It looks nice but when I
attempt to send it in an email, the format changes. I've tried embedding it
as an object and the quality declines and the entire file doesn't appear.
Any help is appreciated.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Billybudinsf

The issue here is that your email is being formatted using HTML, which is
the language used by web pages. HTML is a pretty crude way to describe
formatting, and it has to be, because a web page has to be viewed on lots of
different kinds of computers. Word can format things much more precisely
than HTML ever can. So you will often lose some formatting when you send a
Word document as an email.

Furthermore, every browser interprets HTML in slightly different ways. If
your recipient has a different email client, they may see the newsletter
differently, or they may see only plain text, or the email client might
ignore the HTML completely.

You have several options here. You can offer your people a chance to receive
the newsletter as plain text or as HTML. But you would then have to produce
two different versions.

Or, create a web page and put a link to the page in your email.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Billybudinsf" wrote in message
I have created an enewsletter from a Word template. It looks nice but when
attempt to send it in an email, the format changes. I've tried embedding
it
as an object and the quality declines and the entire file doesn't appear.
Any help is appreciated.

Billybudinsf

Default How do I insert a newsletter into an email without format chan

Thanks Shauna, for the concise response. It does help.
I receive lots of email newsletters - from Rhapsody - for example, that are
formatted. Are those produced in HTML?
Thanks again.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

[...]

DavidH

I create a newsletter for one organsiation in WORD and another in
Publisher and in both cases I first create a pdf file and distribute
that.
Three advantages
1..formatting is fixed
2..file size is much smaller
3..difficult for anyone to re-edit your work
DavidH