Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken A. Dienne Ken A. Dienne is offline

Default Can I set my ribbon so that it always goes back to the 'home' tab?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ken,

One of the early models of the Ribbon 'returned home' (although it wasn't called 'Home' then g) and basically lost some of the
context. If you're working on text in a document then the 'Home' ribbon would be the one you should be seeing. If you're working
on a table or graphic, etc. then the ribbon tabs for the feature being used should be active.

Are you seeing a different behavior?

=============
"Ken A. Dienne" Ken A. wrote in message
Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You can't do it.

Word does not auto-switch ribbon tabs - except sometimes to and from
contextual ones.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ken A. Dienne" Ken A. wrote in message
Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Alt + H will quickly switch you back to the Home tab. The tip letters
will also appear, but disappear as soon as you begin typing.

Cheryl

On Mar 31, 4:48 pm, Ken A. Dienne Ken A.
wrote:
Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!