Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
IZZY1989 IZZY1989 is offline

Default EMAIL NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN TRIAL VERSION

I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN SEND TAB.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you using Outlook as your mail client? If so, the reason would be that
(a) you need matching versions of Outlook and Word, and (b) Outlook 2007 is
not installed when you install the trial version. Because you can have only
one version of Outlook installed, installing Outlook 2007 would require you
to uninstall your previous version, and then you'd be stuck when the trial
expired.

"IZZY1989" wrote in message
I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN SEND

TAB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

What do you mean by WINDOWS MAIL?? The operating system does not have
mail capabilities. You can use Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird,
web-based or other options. To my knowledge - Windows itself does not do
mail.

Kathryn G.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Outlook as your mail client? If so, the reason would be
that
(a) you need matching versions of Outlook and Word, and (b) Outlook 2007
is
not installed when you install the trial version. Because you can have
only
one version of Outlook installed, installing Outlook 2007 would require
you
to uninstall your previous version, and then you'd be stuck when the
trial
expired.

so
all may benefit.

"IZZY1989" wrote in message
I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN
SEND

TAB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Not sure about this--we'll wait for Bob Buckland to weigh in. There was a
thread earlier today indicating that when Outlook Express is used with Word
2007 you can send files as attachments, but you can't send a file as the
body of an email. I'm not sure how this might relate to Windows Mail.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Outlook as your mail client? If so, the reason would be

that
(a) you need matching versions of Outlook and Word, and (b) Outlook 2007

is
not installed when you install the trial version. Because you can have

only
one version of Outlook installed, installing Outlook 2007 would require

you
to uninstall your previous version, and then you'd be stuck when the

trial
expired.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"IZZY1989" wrote in message
I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN

SEND
TAB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Izzy

Please turn off your Caps lock. It is really difficult to read all caps.

This is the answer that I was given regarding Outlook Express. But as
Suzanne stated, I am unsure if this workaround is applicable to Windows
Mail. But it won't do any damage trying it

If you have Outlook Express set as the default email handler and right
click on the down arrow on the end of the QAT and select
'Email', the Email as Attachment icon is added to the QAT and that one
works.

The one that doesn't work is the (SendNow/SendACopy) command that is part of
the 'Send to Email Recipient' (envelope) command.
The 'send now' QAT command or the 'Send a copy' (same command) link on the
'Send to Email Recipient' (as part of the text of an HTML
message) will crash Word.

Send for Review (also sending the document as an attachment) will still work
with Outlook Express as well.

If Outlook 2007 is selected as the email default app then 'Send to Email
Recipient' brings up a different email 'envelope' dialog
and that one works.

Apart from the above, you also need to make sure that in the Internet
Options dialog, Windows Mail is set as the default main application.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"IZZY1989" wrote in message
I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN
SEND

TAB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
IZZY1989 IZZY1989 is offline

Terry, i have windows mail with vista. I cant get email tab to highlight,
only internet fax hightlights. I wasnt sure if theres a problem, or the trial
version wont send out files via email. I wouldnt want to buy full version and
still not be able to files from office word 2007 via email. thank u

"IZZY1989" wrote in message
I CANNOT SEND EMAIL IN WORD 2007 TRIAL VERSION. IT WONT LIGHT UP IN
SEND
TAB.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I don't know the answer because I have not tried to associate Office 2007
with Windows Mail. I don't see any reason (other than the problems I
reported in my previous post) as to why it shouldn't work correctly. Are you
sure that the settings in Internet Options, Programs tab, Set Programs are
all correctly set?

--
Terry