Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
prinret prinret is offline

Default How do I insert square brackets?

I need to insert square brackets (not parenthesis) in a document. I can't
seem to find a method for doing so. Does anyone out there have any
suggestions
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert square brackets?

Sure thing! Inserting square brackets in Microsoft Word is actually quite simple. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the square brackets.
  2. Press the "[" key on your keyboard to insert an opening square bracket.
  3. Press the "]" key on your keyboard to insert a closing square bracket.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Insert Symbol" feature in Word to insert square brackets. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the square brackets.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you see the square brackets and select the one you want to use.
  7. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the selected square bracket into your document.

That's it! I hope this helps you insert square brackets into your document. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Prinret,

If you're using a U.S. English keyboard layout, are you looking for square brackets other than the ones on the keys next to the
letter 'P' on the keyboard?

===========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

On a standard keyboard the brackets [] are in the upper right hand corner, to
the right of the character "p"

these are braces "{} " and can be obtained by pressing shift "[" or "]"
respectively
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner (only 12 years)