Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susie Susie is offline

Default I now line across every page??

i am using Word 2007. Something happened in my very long document: there is
now a black line acoss every page? When I put the mouse on the line I get 2
small arrows facing each other vertically? I cannot find an explanation for
this formatting mark/icon. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

If you type three consecutive hyphens (---) and then hit the Enter key, Word
turns it into a black line across the page. This is how you get rid of this
formatting option:

1. Click on the round Microsoft Office button in the upper left-hand side of
your screen.

2. Click on Word Options.

3. Click on Proofing on the left.

4. Click on the AutoCorrect Options button.

5. In the "Apply as you type" section, uncheck the Border lines box.

6. Click OK to close the two open windows.

This is how you can delete lines that already exist on your pages:

1. Click on the top of the line you want to delete. The cursor should appear
on the left-hand side of the line.

2. Click on the small arrow to the right of the All Borders icon in the
Paragraph group on the Home tab of the Word 2007 ribbon.

3. Click on Borders and Shading at the bottom of the menu that pops up.

4. Under Setting on the left, click on the None box.

5. Click OK.

--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

"Susie" wrote:

i am using Word 2007. Something happened in my very long document: there is
now a black line acoss every page? When I put the mouse on the line I get 2
small arrows facing each other vertically? I cannot find an explanation for
this formatting mark/icon. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

I would be inclined, if her document is truly "Very Long", to use the
Find/Replace function (once she has identified the lines) to remove them
rather than having to manually remove from from each and every page.

If she only has 3-4 pages the manual method would be fine. If she has
250 pages it would be a nightmare.

Best wishes and aloha,

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

:

"Susie" wrote:

i am using Word 2007. Something happened in my very long document: there is
now a black line acoss every page? When I put the mouse on the line I get 2
small arrows facing each other vertically? I cannot find an explanation for
this formatting mark/icon. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Leprakawn Leprakawn is offline

Default Word 2K7 - black line across top of each page

Okay, now I am trying to help someone here at work, and I am baffled with an
answer. Maybe you can help?

I received the Word documet, 5pgs [some potrait, and some landscape].
Across the top of each page, maybe about a ΒΌ of an inch down, is a black
line. I am unable to select it, and I am also unabel to do anything with it
in the header, which is where it turns gray.

If anyone can help me out, it would be very sweet!

And again... I must say that I am frustrated with the way how Microsoft Works!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Leprakawn Leprakawn is offline

And just to follow-up... the black line appears when I insert new pages. I
delete the extra page(s), and nothing happens to the previous lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The line is almost certainly part of the page header. Whether it is a
drawing line or a border can be ascertained only by opening the header and
examining it.

http://word.mvps.org