Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SeanF74 SeanF74 is offline

Default Numbering Field, AB format instead of BB

I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference
(the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be
equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to
equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the
default A, B, C€¦ numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other
equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation
reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add
another equation in the middle of the document. Does anyone know how to make
a new numbering format or how I can do the above numbering format with a
field?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the following page of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MiscFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.