Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKSpot MKSpot is offline

Default Spell Checker Does Not Work

I've just downloaded the 2010 beta and spell checker does not work. I am not
running any other version of Office. Is there a fix?

thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Considering that the spell checker does work here, and that it's
essentially unchanged from the one in Word 2007, it's probably
something wrong in your installation or your options.

Start with http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm,
especially the part about language settings. If you verify all the
items there and it still doesn't work, rerun the installer in the
custom mode and make sure the spelling feature is actually installed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman